The main task of Members' Section is to provide a wide range of information, services and personal support to all Senior Course Members and families, as well as to the Integrated Partners Orientation Course (IPOC) Members and Anciens, in order to make their stay pleasant, productive and memorable.
The Section is responsible for the following:
- Providing general administrative information concerning the Senior Course (before and during the Course);
- Organizing the general in-processing and out-processing of Course Members (CMs);
- Providing administrative support and language assistance to Course Members and families, liaising with the related Italian services or authorities;
- Solving problems related to non-academic and national issues;
- Providing general cultural support and information on Rome and Italy;
- Providing support for accommodation to subsidized Course Members only;
- Helping organize all the social activities of the Course (International Evening, Sports Afternoon, End-of-Course Ball, National Days);
- Providing support to the Spouse Programme tours and activities;
- Coordinating non-hosted Italian classes for Course Members and spouses.
Integrated Partners Orientation Course (IPOC)
This Course lasts one week and is part of the Senior Course. All participants are integrated into the Senior Course Committees.A dedicated webpage is available on the NDC site. Participation in the Senior Course and IPOC is possible subject to official nomination of attendees by their national authorities.
- Administrative and logistic support and providing general information concerning the Course and Rome to the participants.
Anciens (former CMs)
- Managing and updating the Anciens' database, containing details of approximately 8000 Anciens;
- Supporting and organizing the yearly Anciens' Seminar (a non-hosted, subsidized two-day event), generally held in October. The format is as follows:
- - the traditional Anciens' Reception with dinner, held on Thursday evening in order to let the Anciens have time to socialize and enjoy the evening together;
- - the Anciens' Seminar, held on Friday, with a panel of eminent speakers addressing a topic of current interest, followed by a discussion period. The Anciens' Seminar is an integral part of the Senior Course, and is attended by all Senior Course Members;
- - the meeting of the Secretaries of the National Anciens' Associations and the Annual General Meeting of the Anciens' Association, on Friday;
- - An optional, non-hosted cultural programme for Anciens' spouses, on Friday.