Academic Partnership with the LUISS Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli
The NDC Senior Course credit and opportunity to pursue postgraduate studies with the LUISS Libera Università Internazionale Degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli
The Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali Luiss Guido Carli has agreed to partner with the NDC to promote and develop cooperation in the field of International Public Affairs. Senior Course graduates of the NATO Defense College can be admitted to the second level masters’ course in International Public Affairs (MIPA). Course Members who have successfully completed the NATO Defense College Senior Course are credited with 40 ECTS. Moreover, the Luiss School of Government shall grant applicants a reduction in tuition fees.
The Luiss School of Government MIPA is a one-year full-time programme for graduates and young professionals who hold at an undergraduate degree (B.A. or its international equivalent or Italy’s Laurea Magistrale). The curriculum is taught in English and comprised of an international student body and faculty.
The masters’ programme prepares students for leadership positions through analytically-challenging and practice-oriented courses in the areas of international public affairs, policy analysis and management.
The programme consists of:
- twelve compulsory core courses with related seminars;
- elective courses to be chosen from defined options (for 10 ECTS);
- lectures from selected guest academics and guest professionals;
- networking meetings with national and international government officials, private sector representatives and leading academics;
- a final 15 000 - 20 000-word dissertation or project work.
To obtain the second level masters’ title, NDC students are required to obtain 20 ECTS.
The MIPA accepts students based on the following criteria:
- Academic merit – assessment of the quality and coherence of a university career as demonstrated by academic records, a CV and reference letters;
- International experience - demonstrable orientation towards international careers;
- Motivation - compelling reasons on why and how an MIPA fosters personal and professional aspirations.
Applicants must complete the following documents electronically by using the online form:
- detailed CV with a full list of academic courses and professional experiences (also in Italian);
- motivation letter explaining the candidate’s motivation for attending the Master in International Public Affairs;
- University transcript (certificato di laurea con lista degli esami);
- one reference letter (or contact of a potential referee);
- where applicable, a certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or by another recognised language institute);
- a copy of the applicant’s national identity card or passport.
To attend the MIPA, NDC Course Members are eligible to pay the significantly discounted tuition fee totalling € 5.000.00.
Additional information about the programme can be obtained by contacting:
MA in International Public Affairs
Luiss School of Government
Via di Villa Emiliani 14
00197 Rome Italy
Tel: 0039 06 85225052/85225065